Thursday, November 12, 2015

I want to start painting with oils. What should I do?


I want to start painting with oils but what should i do first? Should start by buying an easel or some colors? What is the perfect size of the canvas? What do i need to clean the brushes? 

I've asked myself this question 5 years ago when my mom thought i should paint on something that is more resistant to weather and damage than paper. Oil painting is also more popular in national art galleries and most people prefer their portraits to be painted on canvas. 

I wanted to make steady steps and i didn't want to lose my money on things i wouldn't need. So i searched the internet for answers just like you. And here you are finding this blog where you can find someone who will go with you step by step till you create your mini studio. 

Here you'll be presented with detailed information and photos about the things that you need to build your art studio where you can start creating your magic. You'll find information about the perfect place and lighting in your home, the liquids you need, how to make a canvas, how to prepare your canvas, what colors should you buy first and many other interesting and funny stories.

I'll be posting every Friday in Arabic and every Saturday in English. I wish you enjoy reading. If you want to show your support you can share the article, comment below with your Facebook account or tag your interested friends. 

All the best 
Ola :)

No comments:

Post a Comment